Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Welcome...

...To our SpOoKy GrAvEyArD....muahahahahahahaha (evil laugh)

We have been spooking things up over here! Every Halloween I add just a little bit more. Hopefully next year I'll have more lighting and a fogger for my graveyard. I'm envisioning an eerie green foggy glow. But, as much as I love Halloween, I don't like to pay full price for decorations, so I will have to wait (I'm cheap like that) plus I always love to get a good deal! :)

My daughter had lots of fun helping me decorate the yard. She added her special little touch of bling-bling around the bench with sparkly garland.





I bought the roll out fence on sale for ten dollars at the garden center at Lowe's..I was going to paint it black but I decided to keep it white so I can use it again at Easter. 
These are our SpOoKy ghosts! We made them 2 years ago and they have held up very well...even in the rain. I had some old white fabric on hand. I bought this fabric years ago, I  wanted to teach myself how to make a slipcover but never got around to trying it. Anyhow, these were really easy to make..all we did was stuff a bunch of newspaper in a plastic grocery store bag and shaped it into a round fluffy ghost head. We tied the end of the bags real tight to hold their round shape. We draped the fabric over the bags. I then used a sewing needle to thread some plastic fishing string/wire over the top and the sides for the arms. For the eyes and mouth, we cut out shapes from black felt and glued them on with a glue gun. I tied the fishing string to the tree branches and that was it! I like that plastic fishing string because you can't see it..it makes them look like they are FlOaTiNg in the air....
They used to have cute black and white gingham bows around their necks but I decided to take them off. The bows make them look more "cutesy" I was going for a more SpOoKy look this year!     






Oh, Me..Oh, My! A witch crashing! LoL..directions on this project coming soon! :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the kitchen reveal! Have I missed it? Can't wait to explore your blog and I am one of your newest followers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love your blog...your kitchen is gorgeous! You haven't missed the kitchen reveal...I still haven't painted the cabinets yet but hope to get started on that soon!! I cant wait! It feels unfinished with only the island painted. :)

    ReplyDelete